Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Long Beach Wedding Photography part 1

A few weeks back, I was fortunate enough to 2nd shoot a very special wedding. I'm very excited about this post because it was my first time experiencing a full on Indian wedding. It was a 2 day event with lots of laughs, love and my favorite CULTURE! :) I loved that the wedding was completely different from what I'm used to. It was a traditional Indian wedding so there was no white dress, no church, no suit/tux but lots of bright colors, music, dancing and and a very elaborate ceremony. Oh! And ofcourse the clothes~!

Once I got to the Long Beach Hilton, I took care of the groom getting ready. I had way too much fun with these guys. Everyone was just so sweet and nice. And the chillest guys ever! MmmmMMMM. IN-N-OUT.
Photobucket

The groom spiffing himself up.
Photobucket

Photobucket

This picture cracks me up! Obviously, he's getting made fun of. So funny.
Photobucket

How can you not love the differences in people? But it is pretty funny when they have no idea how to wear traditional Indian clothes.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Looking good!
Photobucket

Love the photos of the groom's grandma and mom.
Photobucket

Photobucket

After getting ready, we headed to the Long Beach Japanese Garden for the pre-ceremony festivities.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Just the cutest girl ever.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Seriously love this shot of the groom's mom.
Photobucket

G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S.
Photobucket

seriously so beautiful.
Photobucket

My fav.
Photobucket

This is where everything starts getting even more fun. Lots of loud music and dancing.
Photobucket

:)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Seriously. I was in culture heaven.
Photobucket

Photobucket

And a little negotiation between the groom and BM's. Basically everyone was giving the groom a hard time before opening the gate for him.
Photobucket

There's so many other images I want to show you so I'll be splitting it into a few posts. So stay tuned for part 2!

Happy Tuesday! I'm so getting a burger now. :)

4 comments:

  1. amazing photos..can't wait to see more! the colors are amazing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! i think this is my most favorite wedding that you've shot! all those COLORS!! i'm in heaven! the bride is gorgeous too! from the looks of it, i'm sure the reception was just as fun and bold as the photos! great job connie!!!!! that's 5 exclamation points for you! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wowzers! This wedding simply blew me away! I love all of the colors and emotions!!! you really out-did yourself with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went to a wedding there, and we almost had a fight break out because I couldt steal the shoes from the guys side.

    haha. Did you get any pics of that connnie? (the shoe stealing?)

    ReplyDelete