Monday, December 29, 2008

Lounge with me!

i just got back from san francisco saturday night. i LOVE san francisco. i really do. but this trip made me realize how attached i am to southern california's weather. i mean, bundling up gets tiring, people. at the minimum you probably need 3 layers. a shirt, a sweater, and then a jacket. i have been spoiled by the golden rays of so cal's weather. so much, that i can't even handle the weather in the bay area. or maybe it's just me. because i definitely prefer to be hot than cold. one good thing was that i pretty much knocked out early every night from all that layering and walking. but i do love that city.

speaking of knocking out, i just wanted to blog about my new favorite pair of pajama pants! if you know me well, you'll know that i have a fetish for pajamas and sheets. i LOVE buying new pairs of pj's and sheets. but it HAS to be cotton. i can't sleep in anything else. something about cotton is so soothing and relaxing.

before freshman year of college, i went to target and bought myself a pair of tigger (winnie the pooh) pj's. i loved them. it was a 2 piece baby blue, cotton/flannel with tiggers all over it. it took me awhile to choose the "right" pair of pj's to take with me for my first year in the dorms though. i know. i sound crazy, right? but my tigger pj's were so comfortable!!! so many memories in them.

but the weird thing is, even though i buy tons of pj's a year (i have a whole section of my closet just dedicated to sweats and pj's), i always come back to my tigger ones. it's been through the washer and dryer sooooo many times, it lost it's flannelness and is almost transparent. also, there are battle scars everywhere. i had to sew the pants a few times. but no matter how tattered it looks, i can't get myself to get rid of them.

and besides! it took 7 years of wearing, washing and drying to get them that soft!

ok. back to the real reason for this post. my new favorite pj pants! i have the first one in a peach/salmon color (the one with the white polka dots) from J Crew. i just wanted to share that with you. for those of you that might be looking for new pj's. oh so soft and CUTE! but i wish it came with a matching top.

aren't they lovely? i want them ALL.

weekend lounge & sleep


as 2008 is drawing to a close, i wish everyone health and happiness for 2009!

i gotta go get my new fave pj's from the dryer...

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I love that your blog is becoming more "personal" it totally shows your character, which is awesome! i totally want a pair!!!

    and don't worry about your winnie the pooh pjs - i have a nasty booger-green eeyore fleece sweater from junior high that i still wear. haha!

    ReplyDelete